Let me begin by telling you a little about my other interests and education. I am the founder of Aabru Art, an African Art Company and I have previously worked with Deutsche Bank, Lehman Brothers and Andersen Consulting. I have a BA in Economics from St. Stephen’s College, India and an MA in Computer Science from Boston University, USA.
My interest in health and wellness is rooted in a deeply personal story: My first born was diagnosed with leukaemia at the age of just 18 months, which, as you can imagine, was both, terrifying and devastating. She’s an adult now, so the worst is long behind us, thankfully. But it was caring for her that helped me understand the mental and physical strain that illness can place on both, the individual it strikes as well as the person’s family and caregivers.
There are studies now to show just how much the elevated anxiety in caregivers impacts their emotional and physical well-being, but two decades ago, this was not given much importance. Through my own initiative, back then, the various efforts I made to address what we all were going through as a family, I came to recognise the power of an integrative, holistic approach to healing. This, incidentally, is something that the best oncologists in the world now swear by. It’s an approach that, essentially, combines treating an illness along with complementary therapies in order to elevate a person’s overall sense of well-being. It’s a pity that many people remain reluctant to try complementary or traditional therapies, because several studies have shown that this approach actually aids the healing process.
At Wellness Curated, we pass no judgement. I remain committed to my mission in life, which, I believe, is to help as many people as I can. And I aim to achieve this by presenting you with all the information on practices, both medical and complementary, that have been seen to deliver results around the world.
Wellness Curated is gradually shaping into an encyclopaedia of treatments, through my podcast and interviews with practitioners, therapists and health and wellness experts. I hope you will access these often, and find yourself better equipped to cope with those dangerous curves that come up in life’s journey.
Our holistic approach to health will…
- …arm you with the information you need to improve your physical and mental well-being and the health of your loved ones
- …help address the underlying cause/s of issues like fatigue, weight and mood fluctuations, acne, hair loss, hormonal imbalance, aches and pains and even the troubling life patterns and emotional issues that keep you from enjoying your life
- …reduce your reliance on pharmaceutical solutions in favour of an immune-system strengthening, natural approach
- …save you the trouble of coping with the side-effects of drugs
- …aid you to get the most out of time-honoured, traditional approaches to healing